aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Just thought i'd ask around, I recently got back into pool skating after a 15 year break (no, i'm not very good)
I'm looking for someone who will help me to stay motivated by going for the occasional skate. Anyone out there have time to skateboard when they have finished rearranging things and fiddling with their tanks?

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
well that very funny ,,just today i tried to skateboard my dolly in the garage ,,almost broke my head ,but it gave me a laugh ,,so i dont think my motivation will get you far ,,maybe the hospital ,,lol

joe

Rating - 95.8%
23   1   0
i got this video from my skating days. its vhs has all these instructions for triicks and grinds. nothing on pools there though. you can have it if you want. i used to skate and boy do you need to be motivated. so frustrating. and painfull. not that the other sports i play arent painfull. but skateboarding is just frustrating. i wish you the best of luk. it was fun though real fun. but i never really had to many friends that skated so i had no motivstion and thuslly lost intrest

frostbite

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chelsea pier charge about $15 for their park, instead you can go down west side and a there's a public skate park around Canal street, as long as you have the gear its free from what I remember.

aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
There's a huge skatepark that i want to check out in bayridge, i'm just a bit intimidated to go down there by myself. I was hoping for someone to come and hold my hand, and maybe dial 911 and scrape me off the pavement.
I have been to the park on the west side highway a couple of times, it was always full of really good skaters all covered in tattoos, I always got the feeling that there was no way they were going to give up time on the ramp for somone to putz around learning if you know what i mean.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
you just need to be agressive but not threatening, use your accent to charm them :D

it's a public skate park, Your tax dollars paid for it so you have every right to use it, F them if they don't want to give up any ramp time.

you can also ask them how they just did that cool trick, every one is a sucker for a compliment. if you do get your a$$ kicked though you can always hobble over to my place, I'll give you some ice ;)

aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
thanks john, That's all very good advice in theory. I generally do a pretty good job of kicking my own arse when it comes to skateboarding.
Oh while i'm thinking about it, do you have a hole saw to cut some holes for a fan in my new light hood? maybe i could borrow it on saturday at the frag swap?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: