Treef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
My tank is 30" long too, but only 12" wide, I use 2 koralia 3's and get a lot of flow. So manybe 2 koralia #4's would work for you? I tried using the 3's without the flow guard but the flow was so wide that they were hitting my corals directly even when i had the pumps right against the sides. The 4's are very strong, I tried using one in my sump and it splashed water around. So maybe even try a 3. They arent very expensive and the magnetic base is very strong so you dont have to worry about them falling off. Easy to clean too.

480greefer

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you recommend for flow? I have tunze 6100. Can I use this since the tank is only 30'' long? I am thinking of selling the 6100 and getting a 6055 nano. All ideas are welcome.

What are you planning to keep?

How deep is your sandbed? What size grain?

IMO, i would keep the 6100 and run it with a single controller. If you sell it and go with 6055, you will need 2 6055 to be able to have the same amount of flow and coverage as the 6100

480greefer

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Point it toward the glass. I would mount it on the back wall at the corner and point at the front panel at 45 degrees angle. The flow on 6100 is 24" wide

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: