iron_seraphim

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning, I was looking into purchasing a calcium reactor and I was wondering what you guys were using? I was looking at the knop c calcium reactor, does anyone have any expierience with these?

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I have not used the Knop, but just went through the process of researching them. Most recommendations veered towards either GEOs or Korralin as being better built and easier to service. There was also some concern on ready availability of parts for the Knop.

That being said I went with a GEO (partially because I got a very good deal on it)

iron_seraphim

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice fellas, i was asking because I found a knop that comes with milwaukee solonoid and 10 pound tank for 200. I guess I'm gonna have to save up for that geo.

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Thanks for the advice fellas, i was asking because I found a knop that comes with milwaukee solonoid and 10 pound tank for 200. I guess I'm gonna have to save up for that geo.

For $200, I would probably take it. The solonoid and 10# tank will cost you almost that. If you end up hating the Knop, you can always sell it for a few bucks towards the GEO and be ahead of the game.

480greefer

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not used the Knop, but just went through the process of researching them. Most recommendations veered towards either GEOs or Korralin as being better built and easier to service. There was also some concern on ready availability of parts for the Knop.

That being said I went with a GEO (partially because I got a very good deal on it)

Koralin reactor ARE NOT easy to setup. IMO, it is one of the hardest reactor to dial. GEO is your best bet.

Thanks
Steve

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: