Dmitry

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
So, what kind of cameras do you all folks have? I look at some of the pix you post and they're gorgeous. Sharp, great colors, etc. I got a digital camera on eBay, a decent one - I think - but just am not that thrilled with the results. Especially colors. They just don't pop out in them. I've tried all the various "white balance" settings, but with no luck. Do you use any tricks...or do you just have great cameras?

jenniebutterfly

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
i use a minolta dimage Z1 3.1 mp. here are a few shots

normal_coral%20136.jpg

normal_z1%20073.jpg

Gmandese

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I use a Casio Exilim EX 250. It's a 5 mp cam, but really it depends on which software you use to edit. The raw pic info is there, but it takes the right tool to bring it out. I use Picasa, it's a free download from google. Real quality, with lots of different adjustments to your picture. Another I use is Image Expert, it came with an earlier digicam I had, but sold. Very simple, with great results.
Bottom line: Try different software, explore all the setting of your camera. So what if 90% is garbage. The delete button is your friend!

Dmitry

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I have Photoshop and am good at it. But I'm trying to capture the natural look of my tank and find that the digital camera I have just isn't that good! When my parents came over and took some photos on their old-fashioned film one, everything looked so much better! :bigeyes2:

Gmandese

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
The biggest thing in a camera, is you need one that has manual white balance, and multiple focus settings. If you go automatic, the camera doesn't always make the right choice.
You don't say what your MP range is, but if you set the resolution for the finest, that;s best. Use manual white balance, natural light not flash, Brace yourself WELL so you don't move the cam during the shot, and see how that works out.
Unfortunately, if all fails, it's time to put the cam on Craig's list,and get a new one!
(BTW) if you need to add lighting for the pic, just do it!

Gmandese

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Check my album, and the new thread i posted tonight (Tank threads, 18g) see what can be done. I don't have the best cam, far from it. It's just playing with the settings. if I post 5 pics, I took 20 originally.

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Great pics Warran, is what i'm seeing on the purple or pink mille is bleaching?? Really hope not as that is a very nice sps..

Is that a purple Psuedochromis or black cap?

oh by the way i love sharing pictures..:D :D
RainbowAcan%7E0.jpg

Last edited:

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
scare me for a while, with your awesome system how is it possible that its not flourshing..

Love live the fridmani psuedo.. I'm getting a black cap, how it could come close to the life span of yours..

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
joseney21 said:
tom what cam are you using??

Its not that important on which camera but if you pratice enough you get very decent shots from your camera too. Its patience..

I was working with a sony T1 a month ago and now just got a Nikon D50 dslr. The new camera definitely improves the percentage of good shots.

what camera you have jose? I can give you some tips, too.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: