ZANYMASTER

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
410   0   0
I've noticed that there is lack of air circulating my fish room,Always hot in there and I insist on using a screen on my window due to my cat so can't slide the screen up.My PH is never over 8.0 without a buffer and noticing algae when the temps go up in the tank.How can I oxygenate the water without using CO2?Bio balls are out of the question.

Marteen

Meow?
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hmmm you could try a window fan to get more air circulating in the room. If you want more oxygenation in the tank try pointing a powerhead at the surface of the water to increase agitation.

Marteen

Meow?
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I guess it depends on the aesthetic look you are going for in the tank for where you put the pump. If you put it in the sump you will increase aeration you could also use the pump to increase flow in the display, it all depends on what your tank needs. If your sump is in an enclosed cabinet I would suggest cutting a vent hole or two to increase the oxygen exchange as well. This will also decrease the relative humidity under your tank and help stabilize temps if you are having a problem with that as well. Good Luck!

mcnuggget

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
try vent window fans. while lower temps will help slow algea growth, low ph can have many other causes. i.e. high calcium level, low mag, low alk, high bio load.
algea actually raises ph. if your ph never gets above 8.0, i can't imagine what the low can be.

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Try some aragocrete rocks.. I haven't had a PH prob since I added the right amount of rocks to my system and I also add one to my RO bucket so that top off water is at a good ph... My rocks will hold your ph were you want it.. I will be making some for a lot of people at the swap..

fripclaksid

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i don't think putting in a airstone in the sump will help much i've heard theories that airline and airpumps can't oxyginate the water because it lacks surface space... but I think all those bubbles can mount to a surface space no? but i think it all depends on the length of your airstone. Longer being better obviously.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: