18oreefer

+270
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
most definatly. 0 phos = better coral growth and less algea growth. just an over all more healthy tank. but you only need it if you have a phos problem to begin with.

18oreefer

+270
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
i have a line t'd off of my return line with a valve to adjust the flow till it just adjatates the media to look like boiling water (without the bubbles). too much flow and it will turn the media to powder and blow it out of the reactor.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Many folks use the Minijet 404 to run their phosphate reactor..it runs at 106gph.
From the 2 Little Fishies site..
The PhosBan Reactor 150 is designed with the upflow principle to achieve the most efficient use of PhosBan? or other chemical filter media. By pushing water from the bottom upward through a dispersion plate, it forces an even distribution of water through the media, and prevents channeling. It can be mounted hanging on the back of the aquarium or below the aquarium. Hose barb connections are for 1/2 inch i.d. tubing. Includes 1/2 inch barbed ball valve for flow control, and hose clamps. Use with any pump having a capacity between 100 and 250 gph, but regulate the flow rate to the recommended 20 to 30 gallons per hour with the included ball valve.

Great for any tank as the flake & pellet foods do have phosphates in them, best that it be removed and be controlled from the start.

NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I buy in bulk from bulkreefsupply
I'm building 2 reactors one for GFO and one for carbon
they will be 16 tall and 6" diameter
I'm going to use a 1046 Ehiem hobby pump to run the GFO and a 1250 Hobby pump to run carbon

I like the ehiem hobby pumps in 20+ yeras they are the only pumps that have been reliable

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
def. go with the phosban reactor. when phosphates are low it will = more growth in your corals and a healthier tank... i use phosar and what to get is a maxi jet 600 or 400 i dont no the exact models. if you ever wanna run carbon in the long run i would go with the 600 but for phosban media you would need to dial it down a bit ;)

Keith P

Mr. No-Show
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
+1 for Next Reef. Very nicely built!

Can you run TOO much GFO? I have 300G of Kent Power Phos on my 12G nano. The reactor is only like 1/10th filled with media. My pH is dropping :(

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: