dsgray16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Im thinking of upgrading my lighting as a christmas present to me
smile.gif

I have a JBJ 12G Nano. I am considering the Viper clamp on 14k. What i want to hear from you guys are any opinions on this. I have a small True Perc and a tailspot blenny, shouldi be worried about jumpers? Also, should i get the viper w/wo the fan? I like to keep my tank around 79F and i dont run a chiller.

Thanks guys!

nasone

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have a 12g ap and have a 70w mh with 2x 24w cf and it works fine i do not use a top and i do not have a chiller in the mid summer i did have some high temps around 81-82 but with a fan blowing on the tank it would stay down around 79-80 so it wasn' to bad

premilove

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
k-2 sucks. well the lighting was great, the mount is horrible! i had a 150 watt on my hex tank and boom snap, i see the dam thng floating on my water. i was lucky it was off.. i went thru 3 in a month and a half. the mount is pure plastic. there is only 2 tightening screws. if you are going to upgrade lighting i would either get the sunpod or a Aqualight deluxe. do not buy the K2!

camz28

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
i have one on a 24 AP im very happy with it , the only thing is the 14k that comes with it is not really great i change it and put another one , your top is wide open and you can work on the tank easy good luck on chosing the one you want .

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
If the mount is not balanced properly it will break. Why would it not? If the mount was at an awkward overhang I can see it giving way. Where the bulb is it is a bit top heavy.
Gives off great light though for a compact MH.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: