Rating - 100%
200   0   0
i am done with my "seaclown", should receive my AquaC Remora by weekend

I currently also have a Fluval 204 running and a powerhead in my 30gal along with my seaclown. I would like to know how many of you are running with only a good solid skimmer and powerhead. I think my Fluval are doing more harm than good. should i keep my fluval or not?

i have about 30lbs LS and 25lbs LR

[ August 25, 2004, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: alfani ]

Astoria

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Alfani, I have a 37Gal with AquaC Remora Pro,
3 powerheads and a 18in. Aquafuge.
50 pounds of live rock and 50 pounds live sand.
No problems with the tank.
Gary

4angel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would keep it running empty for added circ and to drop some carbon on occasion. (if your not running a sump that is. I run my 40 with just a skimmer 3yrs and counting. I sometimes run a HOB filter for carbon. Regular maintanace and water changes will keep the tank rightious.

[ August 26, 2004, 06:23 PM: Message edited by: 4angel ]

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
4Angel,

I agree - some people keep them running without any media just for the water volume and the ability to drop in a filter sock - I say, that's an expensive way to have water volume - I would rather sell that to someone with A FO tank and spend a couple extra bucks for a hang-on fuge for the water volume - plus you get fuge benefits.

:)

JMHO

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
The CPR Hang-on fuge is a good choice. I would reccommend it. I've used it on my tank (and just sold it as i now have a sump on my larger tank)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: