House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
I kid you not - I was among the first group to get into the store - I was the 46th person and the line stretched around 3 sets of banquet table and into the parking lot to the store almost 2 blocks down - there had to be 400 people there while I was waiting in line.

I picked up so much stuff - all salts were 40% off and other dry goods were 25% I walked out of there with 3 buckets of salt - 75 llbs of aragonite, a mandarin, amiricle filer padding replacement (the largest one), seaweed selects and a small set of B-Ionic. Oceanic salt samples, Kent Marine, Omega One (not sure the name of the company) free-bees and my door prize was a huge container of Marine flakes from them.

I can't say enough about Patrick, Glen, X-Man and the rest of this crew. The place was hopping - there was a good amount of SPS and LPS for sale as well as inverts etc. Place was packed. I got in the store at 11:05 and was out of there by 11:35. So psyched that I won't have to buy anthing for awhile now.

Next time we have to get a group down there and see if there is a way we can get preferential treatment with a group of us.

Hope those else who attended had as much fun.

Truly a madness you have to experience to believe.

House

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
Lucky you!! I got to the store at 11:15pm was among that 400 you mention. I didn't enter the store til after 12:00am....midnite madness after all...

Being my first time to that store, I was blown away by the selection. I did manage to get a bunch of freebies outside and some livestock inside. Great event!

glipper69

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I was there at 10:30 did get in the second group. I still thought the prices on the livestock was very steep even taking into acoount the 25% off, but they did have a tremendous selection of corals and fish. I did buy a FlameHawk which came to $44 with the discount, still not a bargain, but wanted it. I also purchased 1 200 paipl of oceanic salt. did get some more salt as a freebie, 2-containers of Formula2 pellets and 2-aquaclear 201 powerheads. so all in all it was definately worth it. but holy crap was that line long.

Neo_TA

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that was friggin' intense. I'm really at a loss for words to descibe what that was like.Along with all the freebees I picked up a beutifull Red Tip Acro Colony. I'll post a pic later. Among other things.

House Thanks so much for the warning call!

DRZL

**ROCKSTAR**
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
damnnit...I MISSED IT....i was totally unaware of it...but NOW I KNOW...woe is meeee...lol...absolutely fish is a bit steep but their corals are top notch...especially those ACROS....talk about kicking yourself in the arsee.

Andres

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
i got there 11:05 and stood for over an hour and a half to get inside the store! worth it though, got two awsome barlett anthias and a 200g bucket of oceanic salt as well as the free samples of the salt, a t-shirt and some additives. next time i get there earlier to get a better selection of things. great idea!!!

Archmage

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know about you guys, but I think it was way too crowded and while overall, it was a positive experience, I don't know if I would want to go through that again for the 25% savings on the corals they had. Granted, their selection is the best I've seen, but their prices are very high. Just an example, the purple polyp encrusting monti I purchased had a price of $100. Even after savings, the cost was $75. I also purchased a goby with a price of $40.00 for $30. I've seen that goby in other stores for $25. You had to deal with that insane crowd for that price. If I were stocking up on salt, I guess it would definitely be worth the hassle. If for the livestock, it would be too much of a headache to deal with.

gforce6

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I was in the first group enter the store also. I got B-ionic two parts, tap-water filter(because of Archmage), and 2 fire fish. Their livestock price is pretty high, but a lot of selection though.

michael chu

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
i thing any sps corals prices is higher then $100.00 I better order to internet. then i'll get 2 or 3 pices with that prices
anyway i spend too much money at that night
i'm hungry now.....no money

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: