Malibu361

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
HELP Please! RO/DI not producing water ??

My unit is fairly new about 2 months, I use it to make between 20-50 gallons a week since I have had it and yesterday I started makin water and it is taking SUPER long .Then I noticed my DI chambers are not full with water like usual and I took it apart and bypassed everything just to see if there was outflow and there is now non at all just from the waste line .What can this be from ?Could I need a new RO filter already,could it be clogged I have no idea what to do and the manufacturer has not asnswered my emails....! Any help would be greatly appreciated..Thanks Sal

Last edited:

Domboski

No Coral Here
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
I'm not familiar with that product. I use the Typhoon III from Air, Water and Ice. They are great with service and the products are good quality. Buckeye Field Supply is a site sponsor and I've heard good things about them too and they sometimes post on the board. I'd try and get your money back (if possible) and buy from a reputable dealer. Worth it IMO.

Malibu361

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
too cold ?Really ?I have been running the same water and it is in my laundry room sink in a heated basement Should I make it lukewarm or did you mean it might be frozen??

qy7400

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Hows the water pressure, system may not function if it's to low. 2 months seems awful quick to run RO filter but perhaps it is clogged. Are you getting water after the 3-stage filters?

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
I Have The Same Unit For 2 Yrs Now With No Problems, Ive Back Flushed Mine Once And It Helped, Line Where Water Exits Connect It To Water Input And Turn On, Thats Back Flushing

anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
:goldfish::goldfish:I am having the same issue, except my carbon is not filling up and it is going half way. I have the coral life pure flow 2 and my carbon chamber is filling up half way I am using it aobut 3 times a week. Please advise???? (drunk)

Keith P

Mr. No-Show
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Malibu, I'm surprised to hear that Aqua-safe is not supporting you well. I (along with 2 other friends) use and have been using this same system for quite some time. Ed @ Aqua-safe is usually very quick to respond to my questions.

I'm redoing my Aqua-safe system. Incorporating a backwash, DI bypass, full bypass, and vertical mounting for the DI containers. Nothing too crazy, but it should improve the system.

PM me if you are interested in discussing my ideas...

Malibu361

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Could it be that my RO membrane that is 2 months old and usually makes about 50-75 Gallons per week is clogged so soon? When I do a reverse flush it is good for about an hour or so then water production drops off......then none at all.....?

Solace Aquatics LLC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I flush mine every week or so, but I am also pushing many gallons through it.

I know this sounds nuts, but take out the carbon cartridge and see what happens. I have seen a bad carbon cartridge cause a mess of headache even though it does not appear to be bad.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: