drperetz

No more big tanks
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Hello... Happy new year to ever 1.

A gentman asked me of my experience with a light fixture called "viperlight".

Very flexible:
Saves alot of time installing it in the right place since it has many options of positioning it.
Several different bulbs: I tried 20k and the 11k bulbs (i believe that was their temperature) all worked great. Bulbs lasted around a year..

However, this light was used on small nanos a 12 and a 6 gallon. I dont think this fixture should be used on bigger tanks.(unless you have the 150 watt fixture).
Feel free to share your experience.

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
I use one on my 29g std. It's more than enough light. Matter of fact, it's the one I picked up from you last year. The only thing I would not suggest is mounting the light onto the frame.

:tongue1:

drperetz

No more big tanks
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
yes....Mounting it to the tank wouldnt be a wise idea....

I think its enough light for a nano of 6 to 12 gallons 150waat would be too close in this situation. (Just my 2cent)

pjewett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I have a 150W model on my 30 gal hex...powerful enough to keep duncans & polpys all the way down on the bottom happy.

I use a 15k and love it though the ballast is kinda big. Puts out some serious heat and I'm considering drilling a couple holes down through the top of it to help heat escape.

It was the perfect solution for me as I'm stuck with a hex for now.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: