Jdubbs

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
One of my SPS frags lost all its color and I just noticed a bunch of red dots on it.. assuming as much there is some on another frag I just noticed.. How do I treat it? I have seen the word interceptor tossed around.. I have no fish since they all died of ich.. so I have been running fallow for 5 weeks. 4 shrimp, and some blue hermits and an emerald crab.. acans, lps, clams, ect..

What can I do?! Between the ich, the green bubble algae, and now this i swear I think I'm cursed.. :irked:

Jdubbs

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
ok talked to my client thats a vet, got interceptor tomorrow. Does the medication hurt clams, acans or anything else besides crabs and shrimp? if I cant physically get them out are they done for indefinetly?

Jdubbs

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
thanks guys. so I have a 75 gallon tank about 15g in my 30 sump, 4-5 in my skimmer (will turn the octopus pump off).. you think 100 gallons, about 1/4 of a pill is about right? or should it be 1/3?

Jdubbs

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
also, will nudibranches be affected? I forgot I dropped $125 for 6 of berghia nudibranches to get rid of my aptasia that are still hibernating..

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
me personally i would pull all the crabs and shrimp, 1 of my cleaners survived last time but barely as well as a rock cleaner shrimp, i thought they was goners, you will have to take any reactors off line as well as turn the skimmer off, makes a good time to give it a bath. not sure on the nudis

Jdubbs

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
What different dosing regiment did you use nynoob? I don't know how to get all my shrimp and craps out! I guess I'll have to sacrifice some for the greater good and see what happens..

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
Dustin's suggested protocol is very conservative and rightly so as he was just going public with this info for the 1st time. Since then it has been learned from experience--- mine included --that the dosage and exposure time is not that critical and corals etc. can easily tolerate longer and higher dose exposure.

Dose your tank, leave it over night, do a WC the next day and change the carbon. Make sure you do the follow-up treatments though.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: