Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I'm looking to purchase 2 small fish for my 16g AGA bowfront in a few weeks- any suggestions?

- I have clowns in another tank, looking for something differant and that does not hide.

-I like Blennys, not sure which would be the most appropriate...

-Corals in tank:
Frogspawn
Zoos
Shrooms
Xenia
Blasto

Probably going to get a pair of blood shrimp at some point now that that pesky anenome is gone...

Thanks!

btw- had a dream last night that I was attacked in my tank by a huge mantis...I fought back with a large pair of forceps, but couldn't get him out...it was a bad experience :)

Dmitry

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Those damn mantises don't know when to quit! :icon16:

How about a Goby/Pistol Shrimp pair? That'd be neat...though perhaps not much activity from them. A Sixline Wrasse might be good with a Goby or a Blenny.

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Thanks for the suggestions! - looks like I'm leaning towards a Watchman Goby of some sort (possibly a pistol shrimp/goby pair) and something else - being active/not hiding is pretty much my main concern since there will be only a couple of fish (and my tank has a lot of places to hide...).

Deanos- nice link!

Right now I'm leaning towards a Yellow Watchman Goby and a Firefish- I do use the glass lid for my tank, so it is covered to prevent jumping...

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
House- the catalinas look nice... it says that they need cooler temps though.

The helfrichi firefish looks great- too bad its so expensive! $189 compared with the $14-$24 for a 'common' Firefish...hmmm...

btw- anyone know the differance between Firefish from the Indo Pacific and a Firefish from the Coral Sea / Maldives?

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Thanks for the replies- still leaning towards a Firefish and a watchman goby (love the catalinas, but I am worried about their cooler temp. requirements - my tank is typically 80 during the day and 76 at night - though now it is cooler out the temp will probably stay around 78 during the day). Anyone have experience with them?

btw- will a pistol shrimp be fine w/ a Bloodshrimp or Cleaner shrimp?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: