MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
i have a Octopus NW150 for my 90+30g

I OD'd vit C two weeks ago. When it happened I stopped dosing and did a 30g water change. A week later, I still cant turn my skimmer on without it just bubbling over and filling the cup within two minutes. It's all clear water as far as i can see.

I have the output adjusted for the dryest skim and this is still happening.

I took the skimmer apart and looked at the pump and all looks fine... im going to do another 30g change today, but any ideas?

charlie1225

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
i have a Octopus NW150 for my 90+30g

I OD'd vit C two weeks ago. When it happened I stopped dosing and did a 30g water change. A week later, I still cant turn my skimmer on without it just bubbling over and filling the cup within two minutes. It's all clear water as far as i can see.

I have the output adjusted for the dryest skim and this is still happening.

I took the skimmer apart and looked at the pump and all looks fine... im going to do another 30g change today, but any ideas?

I have the same problem with my skimmer at times. When I contacted the manufacturer, I was told it was something in the water that causes it. In your case, it may be the vitamin C. It usually goes away in two or three days.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: