Rating - 100%
204   0   0
So guys I just finished setting up my 125 about 2 months ago and now me and my roommate decided to move to a new place closer to the subway. The positive about the move is that we were able to get a pretty sweet pad with a lot of space for a great price.

BUT my tank!!!!! Any moving advice would be greatly appreciated.
I think the fish will be fine but the corals another story I am sure.
The new place is only about 5 minutes away from my new place.

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum...y-125-gallon-reef-ready-one-only-bueller.html

Attachments

• 3127002210_54d39cc88e_b (1).jpg
    3127002210_54d39cc88e_b (1).jpg
    375.3 KB · Views: 182

hijinks

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I am planning my move and did a lot of research on it.

make water at the new place to mix with half the water of your old tank. buy lots of buckets to bring things over with.

When you move.. last thing you move is the tank and the first thing you unpack is the tank. r

I am doing the same 5 minute move and not worried about corals or anything.. should go smooth and get some help and it will go smoother.

MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
when i moved (55g) I put all the fish in a 45g brute bucket with a heater until I moved (i moved in summer, so temp wasnt as big an issue).

I got a 30g brute for rock, and a foam cooler for coral.

make sure its the last thing you move and the first thing you setup.

if you need help moving, let me know.

PS: hows the Linkia starfish doing?

Freespool

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
i moved my 90gal few months back. I put all my coral in seprate zip lock bags full of tank water. put the fish in a bucket with battery air pump. placed 3 big coolers in the back of my pickup truck and used 5 gal buckets to move the water from the house, to the coolers in the truck and then put all the rock in the big coolers. i left the sand in the tank with like 1/4" of water. then put the tank and stand in another truck and moved it 40miles. set up the tank filled with water, rock , coral, fish, everything went smooth. only lost 2 small frags of sps. they were new and not to healthy before the move. everything else looked bad for a week or two then came back strong. Good luck its a pain. and stressful

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
Rachid, let me know if you need help during the move.

Since it's a short move you can basically keep the fish and rock in the bucket along with all your old water. Flat out, set one whole day for the tank.

Rating - 100%
204   0   0
when i moved (55g) I put all the fish in a 45g brute bucket with a heater until I moved (i moved in summer, so temp wasnt as big an issue).

I got a 30g brute for rock, and a foam cooler for coral.

make sure its the last thing you move and the first thing you setup.

if you need help moving, let me know.

PS: hows the Linkia starfish doing?

Starfish is doing great so are all the frag Matt. Thanks for the offer to help me out bud!

Marteen

Meow?
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Make sure to make extra water for the move. Are you going to move the tank with the sandbed or not? Since it's new you could probably scoop out the sand and not worry about disturbing too much detritus I'd give it a good rinsing before putting it back into the tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: