Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
For years I used the HAGEN AQUARIUM MASTER TEST KIT. Mine is outdated in need of replacement and was wondering if it is worth replacing the regents ($63 for the 6 I do actually use. $80 for all 10 test).

Or should I purchase the Red Sea Marine Lab plus P04 & Cal test for $54.
And of course there is Salifert 7 kits at $82.

Does anyone else here have any opinions on the Hagen master test kit and the Red Sea kits? I already know what most have to say about salifert, but I also know that they also have had problems.;)

emmanuel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I used hagen for the first couple of years I was in this hobby/lifestyle and realized my perfect 10 dkh alkalinity was actually 16 dkh when i got a real kit
maybe i just got my hands on a bad one the last time . Salifert is so much easier to use cant tell you about anything else those are the only 2 I had that I recall the names on and used for a long period of time

dabgood21

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think the best thing you can do is save up some money and buy an electronic meter for all parameters you want to test. Very expensive, but if you plan on having your tank for a long time it's worth it. I hate using all those chemical test kits. Especially when they can be unreliable.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: