nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
So I've got a Remora Pro with Mag 3 and this thing is really kicking butt. Now it's to the point I have to raise the cup a little higher than the highest point, so some bubbles flow back into the tank and the skimmer can skim a little dryer. If the cup is a little further down and keeps the bubbles in it instantly fills up.

It's been doing this for days now, non-stop. Getting a cup of crap a day. Don't know why, don't know how, but I want it to slow down.

Any suggestions?

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
If the skimmate is too watery with the cup low raise it, like your already did or add a micro ball valve to your pump and slow the flow a bit.

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Kris, don't cut back that pump - big mistake IMO

How long is the skimmer on the tank -

I ran that same skimmer on my 90g and eventually the spray injector gets a little clogged and the mag 3 is perfect for its use.

Turn off your ATO, let the skimmer drain into a gallon container and do mini water changes until the skimmer settle down.

JMO

J

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
J,

The skimmers been on the tank maybe a month. I got it used in a trade.

I cleaned the spray injector when I first got it and it skimmed well, I was happy with the results. Now Since Saturday or so it's been going nuts.

I'll do the mini-WC as you said and see how things go from there.

On another note, should i plumb the mag 3 to the skimmer with PVC and a union or is vinyl tubing(the way I have it) the best route?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: