IFoundNemo

and I put him in my tank
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I am new to the area and the only stores that I have seen or are even aware of are Petland Discounts and Petco..ugh. I would love it if someone could give me a list of some good fish stores that are worth checking out. Saltwater/ cichlids?

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
If you go to the blue info bar at the top if this page and go to 'Forums' in the drop down menu there is a forum for 'Regional Reefs'.
Thare are many fish stores listed in there in the different boroughs. Just be careful to read the dates on some of the posts as they may be old.

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
In Manhattan you have 2 and only 2 choices Manhattan Aquariums ( MR sponsor) on the far West Side in midtown or New World aquarium on the far East side midtown.

In Queens you have Wonderful World of Fish ( MR sponsor) in Astoria, and Aquatic Express (MR sponsor) in Ridgewood.

In Brooklyn you have Saltwater City ( MR sponsor)

If you leave the city you have other options the most worthwhile of which is Greenwich Aquaria in Greenwich Conn.--perhaps the nicest shop in the country IMO.

There also lots of other quality MR vendors that aren't shops per se, but can get you almost anything you want.

IFoundNemo

and I put him in my tank
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I was going to check out NWA a while ago, but the Reviews they have on Google deterred me from making the trip. I think I am going to check it out this weekend since I have heard some reccommendations to go.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
you might be near Aquatic Express, they are also a vendor here.

Alex and Kiwi are great people and will take care of you. Tell them you found their shop through MR.

krak256

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
I was going to check out NWA a while ago, but the Reviews they have on Google deterred me from making the trip. I think I am going to check it out this weekend since I have heard some reccommendations to go.

go to NY Aquarium Services. It's basically on the same street on the West side. 37th and 10th. MUCH better service and not over priced... unlike NWA. Plus, you get 10% as a MR member and for every $100 you spend, you get $5 off.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: