NavyNano212

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Update:

Changed 25% again, added Chem-pure Elite. No change, yellow polyps looking even worse and are starting to disappear from what was a beautiful cluster 3 weeks ago.
Removed Chaeto, light from back of tank, clean it GOOD...removed tons of dirt, replaced hoses to chiller...At a loss

Water parameters still very good and nothing out of the ordinary.
ANY SUGGESTIONS? I am seeing lots of string, brown algae that is growing like crazy on the rocks & corals..almost overnight! It forms little gas bubbles as it releases and floats to the top.

I can only think of a massive water change, but that seems drastic.

Oh...my second clown fish(almost 4 years old) jumped out of my tank...from where I have no idea...literally no holes big enough. That makes two from this tank...weird

Killerdrgn

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Hmmm just a question, what test kits are you using and what are the expiration dates?
You may want to bring it to an LFS to have them test the water params. Brown stringy bubbly algae i think means high nitrates.

NavyNano212

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I use Hagen for almost everything, have for years. I also use Salifert for Nitrates and Nitrites.
Also, I have changed water twice in two weeks, one at 15 gallons and one at 10gallons. What could possibly be causing SO many nitrates/Nitrates so fast??

I will check expiration date, but they were purchased within the last 6 months.

NavyNano212

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
A few more pics...I have been doing a lot of reading...

Dinos? Diatoms? Red slime(I don't think it is that)...I don't know. It is brown-green, stringy, and covers and clings on to EVERYTHING including my crabs, snails, corals, PH etc...

Thoughts?

Attachments

• water return.jpg
    water return.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 44
  • rock algae.jpg
    rock algae.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 44
  • green pop2.jpg
    green pop2.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Frogspawn.jpg
    Frogspawn.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 44
  • Crab.jpg
    Crab.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 43
  • algae3.jpg
    algae3.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 42

NavyNano212

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Tonight at midnight, by 250W Sunpod light will be off for 48 hours to attempt and kill what I belive are dinos in the my tank. The light will come on tomorrow at 6pm, which will be almost 2 1/2 days worth of darkness except for some external daylight which comes in the den where the tank is...I am hoping that this helps rid the nasties in my tank.

I am also hoping that the Chem pure elite will aid the recovery...

Question: With the dinos gone, the corals will show improvement?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: