90reefernyc

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello everyone,
I am currently using this product on my 270 gallon reef tank. I have been running it since the end of December. I think it is a little harder to tune it in on a larger system but in total not a hard system to learn and understand. A friend of mine and a LFS owner here in queens is currently running it on two of his tank at the store and you can really see the improvements on all his sps corals. The support from Micheal at aqua digital is great, and there forum on RC is very informative. I will try and post some pictures of my tank later today.
Jimmy..

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
its a good system, differs from the zeo system by the way the product works. But same theory. Less end troubles when you misdose or stop using the system.

If you have the time and patience any of these systems work very well. None are more different than others besides how pastel you want your coral and the amount of micromanaging of doses and vials.

I have been using minimal doses of just the LPS additive. It does wonders on the colors. Only offset was i started getting nuisance algae.

aqua_digital

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you get algea from the use of the mineral supplements then reduce the amount you are dosing, also make sure you are dosing enough of the Bio products.

Do the following

Test your test kits (test bottles are available)
Do a PO4 heat test as follows - Heat a sample of water to 80 degrees C (not F) allow to cool for 5 minutes and then take the PO4 reading. By doing this you are unbinding PO4 that is held in the water molecules and THE only way of getting an accurate reading.

If you need further advise just ask.

Last edited:

aqua_digital

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it can it is not specific to the test kit at all.

Normally you will see about a 0.3 difference sometimes more depending on varying factors

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Aqua its not only Po4 thats doing it, its all the excess minerals and nutrients in the water and the amino's your adding. It tends to happen and once you overdose its hard to get rid of it with the fauna system. but thats the same with the zeo and other systems. Really interesting about the Po4 test though.

Other than that, the system is the least foolproof and works alot better imo than the other systems out there.

Another key to this system working really well is getting a reactor you can easily dose with the bio stuff for the ultralith as well as stirring the ultralith once a day. Throwing it into the tank or close to the reactor doesn;t work so well. Or shaking he reactor. =0)

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I think I will give the heat test a try and compare it to the regular cold test.

Aqua_digital I was unable to look at the ultralith manual can you post it on here or at least a link.

Last edited:

90reefernyc

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have done the heat test and was surprised by the new results higher than I thought.
The reactor fauna sells is automated by hooking up an air pump to it with a timer. This is the way I have it set up through my Profilux controller.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: