greggnyce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I have been tryingto dial my reactor in for some time now and just cannot get it right. It constantly shoots my ALK up way to high when I run it even if I have it dripping slowly. I have tried lowering the bubble count but it still does not seem to work. I did get it dialed in once but then ran out of CO2 3 days later and I must have fussed with the dial or somethign when I was checking it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
If the PH in the CR chamber is low your Alk will be high. The PH in your chamber should depend on your media,certain media has a lower dissolving rate. In general a PH of 6.6 should be good.

what is the PH in the effluent and the CR chamber

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
that sounds like you have the controller set improperly, when you setup the controller you should have a low and a high PH, so that if you want your ph to be 6.6 then your low should be 6.5 and your high should be 6.7.

when the PH in the chamber reads 6.7 the C02 tank will be on,and off at 6.5. this keeps your calcium reactor stable. all this depends on what brand of media you have and what controller you have.

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
set your drip to about 1 every 2 sec and the bubble to 30 per minute.
then wait 24 hrs and see what your readings are, check your calcium reading.

salt-rookie

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a general starting point, try 6 drips per minute of effluent to 3 bubbles per minute of CO2. If you have a heavier draw on calcium, you can increase and lower it in a 1:1 ratio. This is a good starting point. The course media does better for me. Also, are you dripping into a sump with plenty of flow to dissipate the CO2? This will help with pH issues.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: