Mak

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
There's a new Aquarium store just open up.. Is located on 11th Ave. Between 64 & 65th St, in Brooklyn.. I think is call Ocean Island Aquarium.. I was passing by today.. Just saw it open up.... Just want you people to know.. :)

MPISCIOTTI

Rating - 95%
19   1   0
it opened about 2 months ago. very nice people in there. bought a powder blue tang fot $33.00 very healthy. also bought a blue hippo tang ( dori) so my daughter calls it also very healthy.. they have some nice crocea clams for $45.00 small $65.00 for larger sizes..

FastUno

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
There is yet another new one only a few blocks accross the street from the Queens Center Mall.
When I went in that day, they had brown algae all over their tanks. Wonder how long they will last?

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
IM freinds witt Simon(ocean aquarium) he his agood person ,,,he get good stuff ,i know the places he buys from ,only thing ,you need to buy them quick. but he does get good price on some fish ,mostof the time he will buy 50 of the same fish and have a blow out sale on them ,wish i had the place for fish ,,but for now ,im corals only ,

beyondnp

BeyondNP
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any idea what their number is?

I just took a drive over to the new store and found it closed!

:(

The flyer in front said that they were open but it clearly wasnt. WOuld appreciate their phone number (not in the directory) if anyone has it so I can avoid another uneventful trip.

Thanks!!!

Mak

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
DEEPWATER said:
oh yeah ,,it been open for over 4 months now ,

really?? Was it that long?? Hmm I though I drive by there last month, is still under an old store, which they sell wireless phones.. Hmmm wow...

NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I went today to Ocean Island Aquarium on 11 th Ave today.
Can you say SCORE!!!!
I got me a beautiful Regal Angel from Sumatra (bali)
great guys in there they had a lot of fish loads of powder blues for 49.99

he's getting red sea next week.
I cant wait to get my 450 up now he did have some LPS and only 1 or 2 SPS
I really wasnt looking for anything but he had 2 regals in tank with at least 6 majestics he fed them and both regals ate well!!
he's 4-5" and he only cost me 55.00 plus tax! he packed him with O2 and gave me a styrofoam box.
as soon as I drip him in I'll post some pictures

Last edited:
D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
beyondnp said:
Hey NYPD,

Did u happen to get a business card with their phone number?

Thanks,

Nick
718 236 1242 ,,but make sure you come see me for corals 1st, :p ,,tell simon i said hi(he know me as the guy with the parrot ,or Ronnie ),,ill give him the good word about MR and see what i can do to get a discount for MR members ,,,good luck ,,

Mak

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
DEEPWATER said:
718 236 1242 ,,but make sure you come see me for corals 1st, :p ,,tell simon i said hi(he know me as the guy with the parrot ,or Ronnie ),,ill give him the good word about MR and see what i can do to get a discount for MR members ,,,good luck ,,

Yeah it will be cool if MR member do get discount.. :)

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Ok Spoke to Simon ,,Tell him Ronnie the guy with the parrot ,and that your from MR ,,he will give you a discount ,something like 10% ,,,have fun guys ,

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: