Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I am having MAJOR problems. First, my power dies and my pumps go down. I clean my Gen-X MAK 4 and when I reconnect it, it "blows up" on me, and the bulkhead in my "thrown together" sump starts leaking.

I NEED HELP! Anyone here have a used (good) sump they are willing to sell and help install? I need a return pump with that by the way. Also, I am using an older ETS protein skimmer with an Iwaki 55-RLT, so the sump must already have a bulkhead to accomodate it, unless it also has a decent downdraft skimmer that fits under my tank.

My tank is a 180Gal with 2 corner overflows and 2 returns. The returns are plumbed together to the Mak-4. The Iwaki goes straight from a bulkhead in the sump and at the other end is connected to a piece of flexible PVC to the ETS skimmer which sits outside of the tank.

My wish list for a sump/return:

1. Must have a baffle (Prevent bubbles from getting to the return)
2. Must have easy access for cleaning
3. Must have some kind of "poly bag" or "filter" to collect ditritus, which I can clean out a couple of times a week.
4. Must be between 20 and 40 gallons.
5. The return must be rated at least as good as the previous Gen-X MAK 4, this is the only water circulation I use.

Right now my 180Gal is surviving because I have a VERY SMALL fluval (submergible) canister filter which I loaded with carbon and have pumping air into the water.

PLEASE CALL ASAP if you can help. I can have someone pickup the sump and any other equipment tomorrow.

-Alfred
917-287-5512

BTW: Ari has offered me an Iwaki 55-RLT, he has been a real nice guy, and between all of the emergencies of the last couple of days I owe him a call and an appology for not getting back to him.

Dave ESPI

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some used little giants if ya want one cheep. lemme know. As far as a sump, did you check www.aquabid.com ? I seen a few just the other day. Chances are you will have to order a sump set up if yer desperate.
PLAN forever and DO once.
Lest ye are doomed to repete history ;)

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I ordered a UHF-72 from AE Tech and with Ari's help (Java on here and Dune on ReefCentral) he installed it. Also was able to fix my Gen-X and I picked up another 55-RLT from Ari.

By tonight my tank should be running better than ever. I picked up these oscilating returns (Sprinkler heads that could be modified for tank use) from Gionvanni which works very well for him, they will be installed today.

All that is left is changing out my ETS-1000 skimmer for a smaller one that fits under the tank, getting a calcium reactor with PH controller and get a good chiller.

-Alfred

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: