enufsedtoy

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok for the last 3 nights some weird stuff been going on with my tech series.Every am the top rim around the tank is soaked and so is the bottom of my light, cant figure it out,its not from moisture .All day its fine only at night this is happeneing ,its like someone in the tank is going nuts at night splashing away, or for some old reason could my return be burping at night only ?I have a yellow tang ,trigger ,2 clowns,blenny,damsel.

I was thinking of put a plexiglass cover over the opening over the tank but would that cause the overflow to not get enough air in the tank , almost like choking it ?

enufsedtoy

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
humm the top of the over flow is sealed and my snails cant fit in the water intake slots.Maybe when my water is evaporating the return pump get a boost of power and the water all of a sudden blasts out ?

enufsedtoy

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope i do it the old fashion way, adding about 1 gallon in my sump a day, my light is on legs sitting about 4-5 above the tank...its like someone drops a 4 pound rock in the tank and it splashes all over , i just cant figure it out, i have no foam or micro bubbles in the tank .

MikeyZO

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I had a similar problem when I forgot to clean the filter sock, it would cause the flow from tank to sump to slow down but the pump wouldn't, so my sump level would drop and the top off made the levels get all crazy... then evaporation would I guess lower it a little until later on... anyway, I guess what I'm saying is dirty filter sock?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: