Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Reef Database Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2014, 05:34 PM
Reefer Ratings: (7 (100%)
Friends: (2)
Send a Private Message
As a noob I'm really glad you guys posted this! What type of gloves are we talking about? i.e. How thick, and if I'm moving rocks and coral to a new tank, should I wear eye protection?
Old 10-02-2014, 09:46 PM
Moderator: This member is a Moderator. - Issue reason:  
Reefer Ratings: (110 (100%)
Friends: (136)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfs1855 View Post
As a noob I'm really glad you guys posted this! What type of gloves are we talking about? i.e. How thick, and if I'm moving rocks and coral to a new tank, should I wear eye protection?

The shoulder length gloves tend to be very thick. If you are dealing with rock with bristle worms in them, those should be used., or at least those Playtex ones.
If you are setting up a tank with new rock, you're ok with the standard latex (powder free!) or nitrile ones. A not overly tight rubber-band around the wrist is helpful.

Eye protection - yes..and don't keep your mouth open either...most especially if you are dealing with any zoas or palys!
Old 09-13-2016, 04:39 PM
Reefer Ratings: (0 (0%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
Great info and even better thread... Our hobby can be a very dangerous one LOL
Old 08-02-2017, 04:54 PM
Reefer Ratings: (2 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
I got squirted by a zoas when putting them in my tank and def wasnt a good experience had to shoot to the eye doctor the next day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/general-discussion/55074-reef-keeping-precautions.html
Posted By For Type Date
General Discussion - Manhattan Reefs This thread Refback 09-12-2011 01:44 PM
potentially embarassing question! - Nano-Reef.com Forums This thread Refback 05-10-2011 10:35 PM
potentially embarassing question! - Nano-Reef.com Forums This thread Refback 03-28-2011 01:15 PM
potentially embarassing question! - Nano-Reef.com Forums This thread Refback 03-28-2011 12:49 PM
potentially embarassing question! - Nano-Reef.com Forums This thread Refback 03-28-2011 12:48 PM
potentially embarassing question! - Nano-Reef.com Forums This thread Refback 03-28-2011 12:42 PM
potentially embarassing question! - Nano-Reef.com Forums This thread Refback 03-28-2011 12:20 PM