MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Im doing a side job and decided to put all my profits into my tank.

I was looking at a Vortech MP40, but the price seems pretty insane. $420 for a controller and one pump? I have a 90 and i need atleast two powerheads (i have 2 k3s now). and $840 is totally out of the question for linking two units.

Are there other options I have with similar products? AKA the Korlia controller? Advice?

xl_1235158029_575dd61b5f8253f95a555b8ecf242f5d.jpg

Last edited:

fernandokng

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
I don't think one is enough for a 90 gallon. One MP40W in a 75 is already pushing it.
I have 2 in my 58 :)

In addition, the issue with having just one is that you'll need push it to the max.

Doing so will most likely:
1. blow the sand everywhere in that specific corner
2. tear the skin off the near by corals
3. maximize the sound of the motors ramping up and down

I say go for 2 :)

Just be warned, that they are known issues with failures on the wet end. Most said the issues have been resolved, but I'm skeptical. Both of my brand new gen2 failed within 1 month of each other, and I had to return both. Customer Service is top notch, so no worries as they fix it right away. But it still a pain in the butt considering you pay tons of money for it.

caad3

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I have one on my 120 and it kicks butt, I need to get a second one, but for now dealing with a Koralia 4. Has its positives and negatives. I haven't had any issue with my Gen2 been running for a few months

Euroreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
ITS WORTH IT!!! Hands down the best pump Ive ever had. Just for the settings alone its worth it. Im running it on reef crest mode during the day and when the lights go out it switches over to night mode.......:splitspinI've had it for about 2 weeks now, and I am definetly satisfied.

Will C

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I have 2 MP40w's in my 90 and have them set on 'reefcrest' mode running ab 2/3 power - you could do well w/ one if the pump is on the far end from the return and the return gets the small dead spot by the overflow (I'm guessing you have a reef ready tank). Two pumps will avoid that problem entirely. Two pumps will also give you the ability to upgrade to that 120 you may have been secretly looking at...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: