cthoughts1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
402   0   0
Hey guys... So I've had this thing in my tank for about a month now, and it kept moving, and moving and moving.. And of course I kept moving it where I wanted it to be.. LOL.. Anyhow I finally gave up on it on tuesday.. I put the anemone in a corner and forgot about it.. It moved out of sight and I haven't seen it since.. I have a 75gal with over 100 pounds of LR, so I thought it would eventually pop up like it has in the past.. I started looking for it yesterday and couldn't find it, today I had some more time and I started lifting a few rocks out of the tank and after lifting quite a few of them some white/redish slimey thing about a sixth of the size of the anemone came floating up, it looked absolutely NOTHING like an anemone, it had no tentacles, no base, it was just a piece of white/red slime.. I have no idea what else it could be.. I even continued looking and I still can't find the damn anemone.. Any ideas or suggestions? Was that the anemone? Any idea or pictures of what a dead anemone looks like? And if so, what should I do to make sure the tank reading don't get messed up?.. So far all my livestock and water readings seem to be doing fine.. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

Last edited:

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
That slime was probably the dead anemone.

Here's the thing with anemones, they're gonna move to a spot they feel is well suited for them. If they can't find one in your tank, they're gonna keep on moving. And if you constantly move it to where you want it, you're just stressing it out. That's most likely why it died, given everything else was in check.

cthoughts1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
402   0   0
Ok thanks for your help guys.. If you have any other ideas or advice it'd be greatly appreciated.. It seemed to be doing so well, I'm suprised it could have decomposed like that so quickly..

Nanoreefer22, it took me a good month to figure out I better just leave it alone.. lol.. But I wanted to keep it in a place I could spot feed it, I figured that if it went in the back it would just die and I wanted to avoid that.. =/ Deep down I guess I hoped it would pick a place where it would be able to get enough nutrition to stay alive if I left it alone.. Guess I was wrong..

DontXtripNFall: I'll throw in some new carbon right now.. I don't have phosban yet, I gotta go out and pick it up..

Thanks again guys..

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: