Salty Dog

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90.9%
20   2   0
Hey people I just piked up a nice size Ritteri Anemone about 8" green. orange color and placed him up on top of the rock scape, with great flow, It seems to inflate only when the halides go off. Is the anemone just getting used to his new home?
He only moved a little bit when I placed him in. My water is pretty much perfect with the temps around 80. Im thinking he just needs a little time to adjust. The clowns love him and so does the porceline crab.

gfernandes

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
probably when i had one it placed it self almost mid way down from my tank and started opening up after the first couple days. i use to feed it shrimp twice a week but it should start to open up soon. they are very hard to keep so watch it incase it starts turning inside out on you, but it should be fine in your tank do you have any clowns?

RARECLOWNSNJ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Its adjusting to your lights

What kind of lighting do you have.

The anemones require lots of light and from the point of collection to your tank it doesnt get the right amount of light. They begin to bleach and slowly wither away.

BTA's do better they dont require as much light.

They need to acclimate back to the high lighting they need. It often kils them.

Mine is under t-5s and so far so good. 4 months and counting eating and growing.

Salty Dog

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90.9%
20   2   0
I lost him :irked:, He was hanging off rocks with most of his body dangeling so I would place him back on the rock. I came home and saw a big tear on him with his flesh hanging I knew he was a gonner. So I netted him out and diposed of him. Im so pissed but thats the hobby.

RARECLOWNSNJ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Where did you get it

Where did u buy it from?

Also be careful when buying them its best to go in three or fours time during different times to see if its always deflated. If you see it once and its deflated and then again, theres a good change it will not make it.

Good luck

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: