dabgood21

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey all,

I'm looking for some advice. My tank is beginning to become overloaded with Kenya Tree frags, White Pulsing Clove Polyps, Orange Ricordeas, Devils Hand Frags, and electric green and lime colored star polyps.

Any advice for how I can move them? My tank is down in DC and I'm not sure what to do. Of course, like any of us, I'd like to get some $ for them to help me pay for my maintenance costs if possible.

Thanks

DontXtripNfall

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
You could use a scissor or razor and slice they're bases. Remember to give them time to heal on to something in a low flow area of your tank. To transport them to the city from DC you could get some heat packs for the trip. I'm sure some people would be interested in helping your maintenance costs.

Last edited:

jejton

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I'm confused - is this a for sale post or a help wanted post ?:scratchch If you want to sell some frags, this isnt Craigslist so no need to beat around the bush with ' adoption ' and ' maintanence fees. ' You can just offer them up for sale straight out.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
If your tank is in DC, then can we assume you do not have a tank here to put them in..if you choose to frag them and bring them up here to sell?

Some of the pieces that you are looking to frag should be given some time to heal before they are moved. Others could be sold outright (ONLY on the For Sale Forum please as there is NO buying or selling permitted in the General Discussion forum!~ :)), but you'd have to either deliver them (or have them picked up) as soon as you get back here with them or see if a reefer friend will babysit them while you sell them ( ..a lot to ask of someone).

Does that help answer your question?

dabgood21

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks for all your comments. The post was more of a suggestion request then a sales pitch since I have them in DC. I'm just trying to evaluate my options. I won't be back in NY for a few months so I'll see what I can do till then. Oh, and I don't have a tank running in NY, just a friend who owns a LFS (he can probably hold them for me), but he doesn't sell frags. Thanks!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: