jrobbins

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
.wysiwyg { BACKGROUND: url(http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/images/misc/qr-background.gif) #ffffff fixed no-repeat center center; FONT: 10pt verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; COLOR: #000000 } P { MARGIN: 0px } .inlineimg { VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle } Hey all,

I was cleaning out my fish stuff today and I realized that I have a ton of books that I used to use all the time and now just sit around and I occasionally use. I have a feeling a lot of you guys do also, so I thought we could start up a library of all of our books so we can share the knowledge.

There are a few ways that we could work this that I can think of, but I am totally open to suggestions.

1. We actually have a physical library at one location. I am still not sure if we would want to make it a reference library where you can't take the books with you, or if we could just monitor it on the board. I have enough to do during the day and really don't want to have to keep track of who has what, so it's either the honor system, or something that we can all manage as a group.

2. We have a virtual library, or basically a formal book exchange program where members can offer and request books to be loaned. This is easier to do, but is not quite the same as having a place to go and just flip through a couple books to get ideas.

Maybe just open it to donors at first and go from there?

Anyway, let me know what you guys think and if there is enough support for it we can go to the mods and see about incorporating it into the site.

D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
nice idea but it wont work

you would be better of starting a DBTC with the book it would be easier but still you have to trust the person to pass the book on for free

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: