Mangas50

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
So everyone told me the nano Koralia is weak... and I should just get the koralia one. I didnt listen to anyone and I got the nano Koralia. This thing is causing waves in my 14 gallon biocube. I first placed it near the top.. all my corals looked like they were ready to rip off and fly around the tank... I moved it near the bottom and I got a sand storm... So now I have it in the middle and off untill the sand storm calms down.. Its on the right side of the tank opposite side from were pump shoots out. Any ideas. I also bought the flo deflector but have not installed yet I can only imagine the kind of stuff will by flying after that... might hold off.

DHaut

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Try aiming it at the return from your other pump - that should deflect the flow and create turbulence in the tank - much better than direct, constant flow.

dsgray16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
you didnt post pics of your setup. That might help.

I have one in my jbj nano 12 gallon and i also have an upgraded return pump. Its just the right amount of flow. I have the Koralia in the same corner as teh return nozzle, right underneath it, pointed at the surface. Works great.

And whoever told you the Nano was too weak, didnt know what they were talking about, or had a tank that was too big to be using one.

good luck

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: