Toe'Knee

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at Petco the other day checking out there inventory of SW and I seen some Bumble Bee Gobies in one of there freshwater tanks(Not Brackish). Arent they saltwater fish? they look pretty cool I was going to try and put them in my nano tank. Does anyone have them or know anyone who does?

4angel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not shocked. must have been some kid partimimg after school. Not his or her fault I blame management.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Liquid told me about a time he bought a hippo tang (and maybe a clown fish) from petco and when he got home he tested the water they were in, on a whim. he said the water was fresh water. No salt at all.

They are so bad with their tanks that the animals are near impossible to kill once they pass the one week test in the home tanks.

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Most brackish fish can be acclimated to either fresh or salt water. I had a brackish tank I slowly made a fresh tank. I had a monodactalus and a shark cat. Both were brackish, and in the end they were both happy in fresh water.

It's not that hard on the animals either. Freshwater is much more inconsistant (chemically) than seawater. Any animal that lives in freshwater can handle a little change in the water parameters. Think of fish in a stream after a big rain. All the run-off feeding the stream, plus all the rain dumped right on the stream. And the fish all do ok.

Brackish fish live under the same conditions. If there's a big storm, (either inland or at sea) the water params will change in the brackish areas.

But petco still sucks.

BC

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: