• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

budman0418

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
HI all, right now i have a 55 gallon reef set for about 6 years now.I recently aquired a 155g bowfront tank full setup, i will be picking it up tommorrow.the 155 was a FO with liverock, but from the pics i didnt see any coraline on the rock.he says he had tank set up for awhile.he broke the tank down yesterday and put live rock in tubs for me.Now my question is when i get this tank tommorrow and start to set it up, how bad will be the die off from the live rock, and if i use most of the water from my tank do you think it will recycle again? i can keep the 55 running and take water out to fill the 155, well thats what i thought.i never upgraded before so im not sure.

OR should i just start up the 155 and let it cycle, this way is not my first option because there will be 2 tanks in the living room, and my wife is freaking at the fact that i bought the 155 anyway. So i dont want to rush this to see it all fail but i need the best way to do this to get the 55 downstairs to be a second sump/frag tank and out of the room.

i posted some pics of tank some are a little old

Ok so whos got some ideas for me? thanks

Attachments

• 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 91
  • 155.jpg
    155.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 87
  • 044.jpg
    044.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 86

budman0418

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0

well the 55 is moved across the living room and set up. running smooth for 15 hours now. now im off to NJ to pick up my 155 laters

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: