• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Whats up peoples??

Well I no longer get any green build up on my glass, which is great. Now I get this white and I mean white build up on the glass. The best way to describe it is it's the exact same as the green build up without the green color. Any reason why im getting this buildup??

stoneriff

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Whats up peoples??

Well I no longer get any green build up on my glass, which is great. Now I get this white and I mean white build up on the glass. The best way to describe it is it's the exact same as the green build up without the green color. Any reason why im getting this buildup??
Hello Kris;
Maybe I need your help more than you need mine. I still get the green build up. How did you get rid of the green build-up? I get it every few days. I do regular RO/DI water changes. I run Phosban regularly, and carbon. Any suggestions? Thanks, Jesse.

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Jesse, Getting your nitrates and phosphates down to where they should be should take care of you getting a green build up of algae on the glass every few days. I did it via vodka + aminos for the coral.

Nelson, It might be that. I recently got a blue dot sleeper goby and he's probably the first thing to turnover my sand that drastically since it's been set up. The tank was foggy for a few days after i got him. but now everything is starting to settle and the tank is almost clear again and i have a nice bright white sand bed.

T, Why don't you come lick it for me?

Rick, That's another possibility. I'm doing .45ml in the morning and .45ml in the evening, about 12 hours apart.

Question now is whether I should attribute the buildup to the goby stirring up the sand of the vodka. I guess since the dust is beginning to settle, i'll see over the next few weeks.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
how long you been doing the dosing now ? pm me and ill go over it with you, reason i thought on it was if your doing to much might have been the cause but looks like your still on the low side of dosing

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: