enufsedtoy

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was interested in the oceanic bio cube 29 gallon ,was wondering any pro?s or cons of anyone that has it.Are you happy with it ,or if u had to do it again would u just buy a tank and build it your self with your own stuff?

thank you,

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
just go bigger, i had this tank and it made alot of noise with the built in sump in the back, or get something you can have a sump underneath your stand. plus the curves on the tank distorted the view.

Jaynie1028

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I have a 29 gallon biocube and I love it. Its been up and running now for over a year. Water levels are always great. I had one problem back in Aug where I lost the whole tank but it was my fault. My ammonia spiked. I would tell you if you like the tank go for it. If I was to buy all over again I would buy it again. But now that I know about the red sea I would 100% go with that one now. Good luck

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Mine's been running since Sept. 2008, so far so good. Outside of the tank and stand, there's nothing left that's considered factory. All the false floors are removed, bioballs never made it in the chamber. Even the hood has been gutted for LED retrofit. Really depends on budget... Sapphire Aquatics and StevieT makes some really nice BC/Nano gear.

If I had to do it over again, knowing what I know today, I would go for a Solana/RSM or Cadlight 39g.

reefer49

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I have a 29 biocube for 2 years and have been quite pleased. Definitely needed some mods to get where I want. If you fill the water level all the way up to the overflow between section 1 and 2, it's quite quiet. It very easy to get up and running. Although next time around personally I would buy a standard tank and build with the components I want. One annoy aspect, the rounded corners are a pain to clean.

enufsedtoy

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oceanic silicone seal

ok i just got the nano cube from oceanic 29 g and have a ? the very top left of the tank were the silicone is against the glass does your silicone go all the way to the top? completely sealing the glass and black plastic together ? should i just silicone it back to the top?

look in my pictures i have a picture of the leak in question

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: