GottaBNutz

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Seeking knowledge from the experts !!!!!

I am in the process of setting up automatic dosing. I would like to know the merits and shortcomings of the two generally accepted methods;

2-part (non vendor specific) and Balling light method.

Any and all collective wisdom would be helpful and greatly appreciated.

Mitch :birthday:

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Its going to be fairly hard to find someone here that uses the balling method. Unless you have access to a chemists lab or know someone its rather a pain to find all the chemicals to produce it all without store bought products. Also from what i read about it a while ago its super meticulous even after you establish your dose for your tank Tests need to be made once a week as well as bi weekly water changes at max before it starts to affect the tank negatively. Also, there are conflicts with the water quality here than over in europe where its more popular and more successful.

IMO, for all the trouble, just go with the 2part from ESV. You won't find a better 2 part out there. All the rest of the nutrients and minerals you can find additives for from either ESV or the other companies that you dose weekly or biweekly to add extra nutrients to the tank as desired.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: