duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
3 weeks ago i had so many i couldnt count.they were multiplying like :bunnies: now i have maybe 3 in the sump and 5 in the main tank.do they have a short life cycle or maybe something :eat: them.if so what can be the culprits.i have added a pistol shrimp,2 cardinals ,cleaner shrimp and a fire fish in the past months.

Keith P

Mr. No-Show
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Now that you mention it... I had a few that were always in my DT. I haven't seen them in many months.

Do their populations wax and wane that much? Or are my all gone :(

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
it was the same with me...for a while, many years ago, I used to have Stomatella everywhere. Then all of a sudden, they disappeared. i've never seen them since. It was the same with those big black limpets. they hitchiked on live rock that I had bought from the old Aquatic Treasures on Woodhaven....had them for quite a while, then they disappeared...just saw their empty shells.

kool-cat

Rating - 100%
71   0   0
lol.
3 weeks ago i had so many i couldnt count.they were multiplying like :bunnies: now i have maybe 3 in the sump and 5 in the main tank.do they have a short life cycle or maybe something :eat: them.if so what can be the culprits.i have added a pistol shrimp,2 cardinals ,cleaner shrimp and a fire fish in the past months.
Not enough food for them. What everyone else said.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: