Keith P

Mr. No-Show
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I got my oceanic tech 70 running. The overflow gurgling is driving me nuts!
Right now the flow is real low. What baffles me is that the "durso" pipe they supply with the tank has 3 holes on the side. See the pic:

megaflow_overflow_kit.jpg

If I cover them, the water rises and surges worse! It's like it doesn't even go through the down turned elbow.

Today I went to 3 different hardware stores to build my own durso and stockman standpipes. No one carries 1-1/4" anything :hairy:

Any one have an easy fix?

I was also tempted to build a reverse durso for the sump side of the drain.

So far the tank has been up for 3 days. The first two nights I got no sleep (it truly sounds like water is being pumped onto the floor). Last night I blasted the TV and was able to fall asleep comfortably.. Fortunately, my girlfirend is not bothered by the sound at all..

Keith P

Mr. No-Show
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Do a search on this topic. I posted this question a few months back, and some fellow reefers helped me fixed this by drilling a hole on top of the durso pipe.

If thats all it is, I will add a small john-guest fitting or air line valve and try "tuning" it. I was really hoping for the money I spent it would have been plug and play..

Don't mind me. It's the lack of sleep. I'm like a zombie today :zomie:

enufsedtoy

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tech

My Tech Had The Same Issue But Seemed To Go Away After A Couple Of Days,or Maybe I Just Go Used To It ,i Have The Pipe All The Way Up About 1/2-3/4 From From The Top Cover And Is Working Fine,hit Me Up On Aol And Can Take Some Pics If U Need Them..

Keith P

Mr. No-Show
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
The stock Oceanic "durso" is garbage. The holes on the side let water in and make a ton of noise.
IMG_0301.jpg

I got a CJ Standpipe. Made the tank much quieter!
IMG_0302.jpg

I can seep better now.

The air tube is short. I'm going to try getting a longer tube and see if it makes even quieter.
IMG_0304.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: