samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
lols its not that tho when i find info about cycling they say it starts off with no nitrates? and when nitrates are high its a bad thing but a better thing? lolz
ammonia levels are suppose to go sky rocket but i didnt see any of that? and then nitrite is suppose to kick in after that? but my results don't look similar to anything i found thru out the web? lolz thanks tho

inkblue

Rice Planter
Rating - 98.6%
145   2   0
dont believe the web... :) everyone's setup is different, BUT you do have to wait... wait, wait and then when you are tired of waiting... wait some more :joke: in the meantime, looK around and meet new peePs :cool3:

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
i have been already all u guys are very helpful -=) even managed to pick up a couple cheap used pieces of equitment for the setup lols but i dont want my fishes to go bye bye~ lols wait is not a good thing and whats so differnt about salty fishes n fresh fishes? almost all fishes seem pretty hardy?? to everyone? lols cept sharks rays and some other stuff but i wanna keep all my fishes alive before i just to ref frenzy -=) but thanks for the advice guess i'd juss keep waitin for the tank to be dangerous and can't rilly do anything bout it -=)

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
tank is 75 gallons about 25lbs of live rock wet/dry and about 80lbs of durascape sand from homedepot?thank you guys onoce again -=)

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
supposely old castle from home depot i went to 8 homedepot and found it in one at qweens by woodhaven last 2 bags look like some reefer guys like you people opened them up and viger tested it lol it was leakin to the register but i figgured cant go wrong if its 8$ bucks

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
live rocks full cured ?? got 10lbs from a LFS from brooklyn kupung? kupang? live rocks? lolz and got 15lbs from fishtown fuji rocks? and was wonder if i put coral base rock in will it become live rock? i hear differnt stories every where. this is gettin more complicated day by day? the more differnt people give me advice the more the crap it seems like their feedin me -=) lol

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
do i need liek 100lbs of live rock like everyone says? because i think if i put 100lbs of live rock i wouldnt have anywater left? therefore no point of salt? no point of water? and no point of fishes? cause all i'd have is a tank of rocks? as pets? lols

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
ohh i been addicted no need to worry bout that i stop by every LFS i know almost everyday -=X lolz hahaa just gotta look for more funds -=)

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
samster,

I have 400 lbs in a 180g tank plus about 45 llbs in my 29g fuge.

Lots of live rock is a good thing. If you have too little, your biological balance will be out of whack and need to be assisted with major water changes to keep the nitrogen cycle down.

Read up on the nitrogen cycle to see what it's path is an how to eradicate it.

BTW, I too had very little amonia, BUT it took some time for the tank to mature.

House

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: