wallysworld

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I just setup an ASM G3 with recirc mod. It works great! however I have a small leak on the top rim. Not where the collection cup connects but just under that where the reducing funnel shaped pipe connects to the 6.5 inch upright pipe. I put a small plastic clamp on it and it stopped. However I would like to fix 100%. I bought it used so I don't have the manual. Not even sure if the seam where the leak seems to be coming from comes apart? There is a gray collar which bubbles come out of if I don't clamp the clear top piece to the gray collar.

Is there a way to fix?

Thanks,
Walter

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
I agree it is not "leak-proof", but if you can see water coming out of it, it is leaking more then it is designed to. I would do as Dom suggested, and just note the cone piece can be quite hard to unscrew, so just make sure you don't break it when it unscrews. It only unscrews about 3/4" and then comes off by pulling up

wallysworld

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Ah, you guys are the best... I will order the gasket before trying to unscrew.

I was afraid it was a welded seal that would eventually get worse and possibly even pop the top off.

It's in a sump so no worries about a small leak.

BTW This skimmer is awesome, with the recirc mod I can totally control the flow without worrying about bubbles.

Thanks,
Walter

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: