• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I have been reading some positive results from feeding tanks with Oyster Eggs.
I was just curious if anyone here feeds them (what brand?) and results, good or bad.:tongueani

TOTAL AQUARIUMS

Chief of the Tang Police
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Reef Nutrition Oyster Feast. In my experience, with tanks I have kept myself, there were noticeable differences when i was feeding on a regular schedule. We can't possibly hope to fully replicate every aspect of "wild" saltwater and using foods like this is just one step closer to closing that gap. Everything from generally better color to better polyp extention and growth. Some of the harder species to keep also do better when being fed. I've also used the DTs foods and honestly, it's a lot more expensive for the amount you get and DTs needs to be frozen while the reef nutrition just needs refridgeration which makes it easier since if the DTs defrosts and refreezes it's a mess and destroys most of the cells.

fernandokng

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
1. What are you using to test your phosphates?
2. Are you using GFO? How often do you change?
3. Are you using cheato?
4. Any additional algae growth anywhere in the tank? Glass, overflows, etc.?

I also use reef nutrition...and i too have had great results with it. I feed 3 times a week. Have not noticed any change in phosphates while using it.

TOTAL AQUARIUMS

Chief of the Tang Police
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
It really depends on your setup. If everything is as it should be you should be able to handle the extra influx of food. On a sub par system it could end up fouling the water maybe. Most systems aren't going to require a whole lot of it especially if you target feed. I feed this to the frag tank almost every day and once a week I target and once a week I feed the whole tank heavily the other days are very light. I really don't have a reason for this, it just seems to work.

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
1. What are you using to test your phosphates?
2. Are you using GFO? How often do you change?
3. Are you using cheato?
4. Any additional algae growth anywhere in the tank? Glass, overflows, etc.?

1) I use a hanna meter so readings are on point.
2) I use GFO from Bulk Reef Supply....I change it every 5 weeks or when phosphates show more than .03
3) I have cheato as well...
4) My tank is pristine(i hope i did not just jinx myself....:splitspin)

arzep

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try to feed them once a week with it. sure, corals look nicer, but also try to mix with other stuff.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: