Ok so I won this coral package on eBay for and I'm not satisfied with what I received. Can someone tell me if you think I'm being unreasonable or if I'm right. Here's the link to the auction....http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=300307992712. and here are pics of what I got, no pic of the gorgonia because that's all that I'm happy with.

p4231037.jpg

Elegance top left corner, candy cane (middle) TINY! and hammer which doesn't even look like hammer on the left. better pic underneath

p4231035.jpg

Now look at the pictures in the auctions and look at what I received.....

Said this to him at first....
Hello...I just receieved my order and I must thank you for the very prompt shipping but there is an issue. I am not satisfied with my order at all. Your auction said nice coral package not frag package. The sizes of the corals I received were no where to as close as what I had perceived from the pictures you had, they seemed much larger than what I received. Primarily for the hammer (which I don't think is hammer either because I noticed that all the bags were labeled and it said FS which I'm assuming stands for frogspawn and now that it's opening it looks like FS, which I already have 2 colonies of) and the candy cane. The candy cane and frogspawn are tiny, especially the candy cane which is two small heads and the FS ones are not that much larger. The elegance coral is starting to open up now but it seems rather small as the skeleton is only an inch and a half, possibly two. The only piece I'm content with is the gorgonian other than that I'm disappointed. I don't think I can leave +

and he replied....

Why dont you consider the fact that it cost 40 bucks to ship that package... now go see if it is a good value.. Also the package specifcally says nice coral package not nice 5 inch plus coral package. under candy cane it says stalk and a stalk is just a stalk not an entire colony that you would find in the ocean. The elegance will expand emensely as they do. and the frogspawn well if your sure it is a frog spawn, i am truly sorry for that but maybe if you give it some time it will open and morph into a hammer! Not much more i can do from here unless you want to mail the items back?

and i replied....

Listen...this is eBay you put items up at your own risk, what the final bid is thats what it is and you have to fullfil the items as they are in your description. Yes you got me with the candy cane, I'll give you that but what about the hammer? I expected to get what is in the picture! And let's not even talk about the size of it right now, it's not even hammer! I bid on the auction looking to get what was pictured, not whatever you think is convinient to send me. And that's a shame that you sell on behalf of saltwaterfish.com if you're customer service is like this. I've actually considered ordering livestock from the actual site before, don't think I'll do so anymore.

Awaiting reply....

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks, Fortunato

reefman

Chairman of the board
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
unfortunely for reasons like this, buying online especially from ebay is very risky. the only thing u can do is give him a bad feedback.

however i would not say the price is bad since the elegance can cost $50-60 already.

Last edited:

mckostya

Lovin', is what I got.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
frogspawn and hammer are sometimes confused, so he might not exactly what he was selling.
He has a good point on shipping, but no where in this action he said the size of the frags.
Very little details specified by seller, but you did receive everything right?
its just says nice hammer and that's it. Doesnt say WYSIWYG

McReef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, besides the hammer being misrepresented, I think for $65 bucks I wouldnt complain , especially with the elegance involved.

open a complaint about the order on ebay that he didn't send the right items as advertised.
yeah thats what I was thinking of doing, also because I found what he said to be out of line from knowing that I was not happy with the order. Wouldn't you try and make the customer happy not just piss him off more with attitude?

DEL

reef guy in jc
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
all i gotta say is..complain complain complain!!!!! go to ebay and show them the email you received..then also complain to paypal (if thats how you paid) and explain what happened....and last but not least.....stop buying from ebay!! i learned that the hard way with car parts..so iwouldnt trust them with livestock..check with saltwaterfish if they are affiliated with that guy.......and......just buy from MR members...you see what you are going to get..and dont pay $40 to ship!! plus..most members always throw in freebies coz they are such nice people!!

DEL

i dont normally buy from ebay I just thought that was a good deal with the corals he had pictured and that i was hoping to get. And i didnt pay for shipping, it was free. He's just saying that it was $40 to ship meanwhile he didnt charge anything and last time i checked thats not my problem if he decides not to charge for shipping. I told him it's ebay and that whether an auction ends at what you want it to or not you still have to send what you listed but he says that regardless of what I got it is still a great deal for $75 which I think it would have been if he had sent me the pieces of coral he had up on his listing. I'm waiting for a reply from him so we'll see what he says...to make things right I think he should send me the right pieces of coral or send me some money back

I can't believe this guy....this is what he said to me.....

First reply....
well if you did order at the site you would pay 180 dollars... Go look and see for yourself that the price of just one elegance coral is 79 dollars. Ok like I said the hammer was an accident are you sure its open please email me a picture of it. Cant believe Im sitting here losing 100 bucks to sell you this package not to mention the fact that i have to pay ebay and pay pal fees and my time wasted and this is what i get as a response

Didn't even reply to him and he sent this following it which really pissed me off....
Here ill do it for you
1 elegance coral 79.99
1 frogspawn 20.00
1 candycane 10
1 gorgonia 20

=150 bucks for the same thing and I drop ship so its not like i actually put a frogspawn in there just to piss you off.. So please repackage the items and ship them back to me that will settle this. I will even pay for shipping again

This is what I got to say....
ummm youre just getting reported to eBay and paypal and thats
that. Thank you for your business!

and also.....
i dont understand how you can expect me to pay to ship them
back via next day which isnt cheap and pay you 150 for
something that I won for 75...LEARN HOW EBAY WORKS! you put
items on here at your own risk, regardless of final price, you
send what you list in your auction and according to your
feedback and this transaction I suggest you stop doing business
on eBay

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
Well said(above)

The only complaint you can have is for the hammer/FS. the other items can pass for what he said(although there appears to be no "stalk" for the candy canes, so you could argue you want a "stalk" not just two heads)
Elegance does open to about 5", so he could claim his 5" size was describing when coral was open(BS, but it does cover his A**)

As for the FS morph into a hammer...thats just insulting..if he gives you attitude on ebay/paypal, that would be my ace in the hole...he lied! He said something that was clearly impossible, you can prove he is dishonest with that, thus making ebay/paypal doubt his claim.

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
also, he never said that items won might differ from items pictured..so you could have a claim that you should get the items pictured. (not the candy cane, he said one stalk)

Everytime you buy a coral from a place that uses stock photos, they have a disclaimer...I would imagine ebay has similiar legal requirements(But im not a lawyer, I just play one on TV)

Yeah and I didn't even give him an attitude I was trying to be as polite as possible but he just wanted to be an %$$hole for no reason so I just reported him now and they cant deny my claim. I was being polite and he was being nasty and aggressive to cover himself as he is lying about everything. The thing with this guy is that the bid didn't reach an amount that was convenient to him so to not make so much of a loss he decided to try and screw me over from what I fairly won. And yeah the FS morphing business is the funniest thing and most BS I've ever heard. Well let's see where this goes....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: