Marteen

Meow?
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Anyone going to have some mini brittle stars at the swap? I've been trying to get my mits on these guys for a little while and haven't had much luck. I don't have anything to trade but can pay for some stars. Thanks!

cybermeez

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
You mean the little micro stars like these guys? How many do you need?

brittlestarfish.jpg

medium

jcohen9999

Overkill Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Does anybody have any ideas on how to trap or capture those little buggers? I literally have hundreds if not thousands in my tank (assuming that they only have 5 legs each :) ) that poke their legs out out night from my rock work but everytime I try to grab them they either evade or the leg just breaks off. I would love to spread the wealth if I could.

TIA
Jeff

cybermeez

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Pulling them out of the rock is virtually impossible. The ones I have like to hang out around the base of my zoas. I use a toothpick to gently lift them out from between the polyps. I also find them in my filter socks every time I change them. The are great hitchhikers! They keep all the nooks and crannies free of detritis. Every now and them I'll capture a few and put them in my fuge because some of my fish like to eat them. If I were you I'd keep 'em. They are a sign of a healthy tank, assuming they are not in plague proportions. If the latter is true, you're over feeding.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: