T

The Great Rupert AKA AM

Dogs go to heaven right? and humans go to heaven. do coral go to heaven? seriously this might come up and I'd like to have a good answer. I know once a year you can get your pets blessed, could I bring my coral or would I be locked out.

T

The Great Rupert AKA AM

I AM NOT MAKING THIS UPO I AM COMPLETLY SERIOUS.

I called a couple of religous organizations. surprizingly none hung up on me. the best suggestion I got was I could feed my dog holy water. I asked if that would work for fish and coral. they wern't sure. maybe I could get it baptized.

T

The Great Rupert AKA AM

I don't know f you guys are aware, but right in are bvack yard is the hartsdale pet cemetary.
http://www.petcem.com/

In 1896, a prominent New York City Veterinarian, Dr. Samuel Johnson, offered his apple orchard in then-rural Hartsdale, New York, to serve as a burial plot for a bereaved friend's dog. That single compassionate act served as the cornerstone for what was to become America's first and most prestigious pet cemetery. Today, over a century later, this beautiful hillside location is the final resting place for nearly 70,000 pets continuing a long history of caring and excellence that is the hallmark of this serene and lovely pet burial ground.
I called them up and the woman told me she couldn't give me any official garentees, but she told me she thinks all animals can go to hevean. I started small. I asked about dogs. aparently all dogs go to heaven. even fish go to heaven. coral on the other hand was a tough sell. she may "think of them as plants" but I assured her they had mouths andn moved around and even had sex on the beach. she finaly gave in and said they could come to heaven as well. they i said "what about aptasia?"
"what?" :confused:
"nevermind" :D

T

The Great Rupert AKA AM

I found out they now have over 100,000 animals and have a blessing of the animals every year in september. if you ain't there all your corals will burn in hell for all eternity.

tinyreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do they still pick the apples from that orchard?
puke.gif

T

The Great Rupert AKA AM

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no, now they only push up daisies.

It's america's first and largfest pet cemetary. imagine if we had 20 reefers show up to trade frags and get them blessed. screw RO water, ty JC water.

WWJD
What Would Jesus Dose?

SoS

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know some people have there house blessed occasionally. Wouldn't hurt to have him/her bless the tank. We are all god's creatures after all doesn't matter how big or small..smart or stupid. Boy my mother would be proud
approve.gif

[ February 10, 2003, 01:06 AM: Message edited by: SoS ]

C

Crakeur

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
perhaps you can go to a church and ask for a few gallons of holy water for a water change. I would ask if it is distilled or ro/di water tho.

If the corals die, you can only blame god.

Not sure if this would work for jews tho. I am willing to try it out if someone can score me a few gallons of holy water. Sounds like a good joke... A jew walks into a church with a bucket....

T

The Great Rupert AKA AM

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the story of genisis predates judism. so biological filtration wa=orks for jews too.

4angel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldn't holy water contain high levels of PO4(phosphates) LOL I wouldn't go as far as taking my coral for blessing but I would pray that my higher power would help me create and maintain a wonderful piece of art work in my tank which is what we create when we place his creations in our tanks at home. Just my opinion folks.....

T

The Great Rupert AKA AM

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what saint or polythistic good would bring the most luck to an aquarium?

don't limit yourself to one.

I'd go with the hindu goddess Meenakshi meaning fishg eyes in sandscrit.

she was given as a gift to a king that couldn't have children. she had three breasts and she was supposed to lose the third when she met the man she was supposed to marry. however she had beatiful eyes (hense the name). she ended up losing her third breast when in the presance of shiva in his human form.

she's got a temple in texas and india. i read on the indian website that "She protects the infinite beings by her mere glance"

they also talk a lot about holy water "Besides Surrounded by waters on all sides the soil beneath us is also full of water sources. While the ocean water is uniformaly Saline the waters under the soil are quit different in their nature - Some hard, Some soft,Some sweet, some brackish, Some toxic, Some medicinal, Some Spiritually elevating etc. The waters of the last category are called "Theerthams" or Holy water points."

S

Stix

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Great Rupert, I'm gonna guess your question is coming from a Catholic point of view because you mention heaven and saints and holy water. If you read your Bible, you'll see that what seperates people from other animals is that we have souls. It also says that heaven is a place for souls. Therefore, no soul, no heaven. So no animals don't go to heaven if that's where you're coming from. Then again, the Burmese of Southeast Asia believe in reincarnation and the possibility to come back as an animal, so animals to them do have souls. I think that is also true in Indian culture/religion. It all depends what "god" you ask.

T

The Great Rupert AKA AM

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well stix, aparently you have never seen all dogs go to heaven.

The mantra is "All dogs go to heaven because unlike people, dogs are naturally kind."

T

The Great Rupert AKA AM

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well how do you expect him to have a serious conversation about religon if he doesn't know about all dogs go to heaven, or at leas all dogs go to heaven 2. I mean it may have been straight to video, but still how does he 'spect me to have a serious conversation abouts dis topic if he isn't formiliar with the important documents concerning the subject. :rolleyes:

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Rup,

Some further reading will fnid you with John Dewey - he gets a little utilitarian in a writing called "On Democracy" and I quote "People are intrinsically good"

Thought this would start another fire :)

So yes, dogs and humans are generally good. With the exception of those mongrel pitbulls who kill children!

House

T

The Great Rupert AKA AM

Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Is that the cat who put numbetrs on all the books in the library?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: