ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Where is the least expensive place to get starboard ? I am going BB with my 90 so I need to know where to get them.. How should I measure for it? Do I tell them to cut before shipping or I have to do the cutting myself? How is this done?

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Tom I am thinking the same thing. If you find where to get some, would you consider sharing/splitting up the order (save on shipping for both of us).

I am tempted to not put starboard down since debris still accumulates under the starboard and around it, would this be a mistake since I don't plan on any rock falls? My new 30 gallon BB is just SO..... clean, I now want my 120 that way.

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Sure, shaun.. It's always great to save some money. But to be honest, I think a starboard is much more safer than just having glass. The 90 gallon I got, is the 1/2" thick, and I still getting starboard to lay it out. Better safe then sorry.. :D

Beside, I can cover the equipment underneath. No distraction from looking down the tank :D.

gforce6

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I got cutting board from china town for my 120G, I paid $20 for 24"x18". I bought two and put it on the bottom with siliconed it. So far so good.

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
solbby said:
Tom I am thinking the same thing. If you find where to get some, would you consider sharing/splitting up the order (save on shipping for both of us).

I am tempted to not put starboard down since debris still accumulates under the starboard and around it, would this be a mistake since I don't plan on any rock falls? My new 30 gallon BB is just SO..... clean, I now want my 120 that way.

Why Shaun, why??!? :lol:...good luck with the change over :D.

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I looked on the site, and here is what I find that meet my need, I guess. But I don't know if there is a difference between the two anyway..

Thecuttingboardfactory.com (More expensive)
HDPE MarinaBoard White 1/2"x24"x54" $79.06 before shipping Link

Cuttingboardcompany.com (Less expensive)
1/2" x 18" x 24" White $21.85 x 2 = $43.70 before shipping Link

Cutting board from china town (least expensive)
24" x 18" 1/2" thick $20 x 2 = $40 No shipping :)

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
nanoreefer22 said:
LoL...I like the litter box...I can't believe Shaun's been taken to the sand free side on both tanks :(. He represented on of the last "sand-people"
Kris, you should see my new 30 gallon now (when you saw it it was 2 days old). The water is crystal clear and I don't have any algae growth. 2 weeks and the glass is perfect, no green algae growth that needs to be scraped off.

I don't know about the 120, it's going to be a HUGE job. But I am really starting to really think about it.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
ctxmonitor said:
when you mention real deal what exactly do you mean? Is the cutting board mention in chinatown different? Feel me in, Jon..

Tom, I'm not sure what kind of cutting board they have in china town.

the stuff I used is marina board, which is similar, but it's made for the boating industry. it has uv inhibiters to keep it from turning brown/yellow.
if you use white cutting board that's what's going to happen over time. and coraline does not cover every square inch so your going to see it showing through. also marina board has a slight pebble surface, good to hold the rocks in place and the snails seem to like cruising along it. :)
plus it comes in some cool colors.

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
The best board to use is the marinaboard. Its HDPE (High Density Polyethylene) Cheaper boards are just polyethylene and some of the cheaper chinatown versions - god knows what they have in there. Not to say that it is bad.

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Shuan, did you noticed there are two marinaboard sand ?

what is the different between sand and the white? Is it color differently?

Jon, does all marinaboard have the pebble surface, or just on the sand one?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: