samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
i found some worms in my tank today and they are pinkish/oragne and when i try to take them up to examine them they look lik ethey have lighter colored white bristles or legs? kinda furry like are these britsle worms? should i remove or allow them to stay in there? wha should be done? thanks in advance

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
samster said:
i found some worms in my tank today and they are pinkish/oragne and when i try to take them up to examine them they look lik ethey have lighter colored white bristles or legs? kinda furry like are these britsle worms? should i remove or allow them to stay in there? wha should be done? thanks in advance
Sounds like a bristle worm to me.

Leave them alone, they are good dendritis eaters and sand stirrers (if you have sand).

But whatever you do don't touch them, their bristles are terrible if you get it in your skin. They are a defence mechanism for the worm and causes irritation if they enter below the skin.

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
lol i found a new one tonights wen the lights were off he popped out of some zoo's i just pick up this mornin he's dark grey? but i couldn't get a closer look once i turned on the lights he ran back into the zoos? is there any sites or refrence? u guys know of with pictures so i can try to define all these lil critters i have? dunno which ones or the safe ones and which or the foes? thanks guys i appreciate the helps -=)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: