ReeferMadness99

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Does anyone have feedback or a review for Hydor's Performer Skimmer 1000? I can't find a single review or discussion anywhere on the internet. It suppose to be constructed from some pretty good parts but I can't find anything on its performance.

ReeferMadness99

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
180gal. AGA with a 50gal. Sump. I just got the thing cuz I paid $100 less that retail for it. It has 2 air pumps, 1 intake pump, and a drain pipe that goes back into my sump. It seems like good craftsmanship but again, dont know the performance. Its a brand new system, still cycling my rock so I can't get a good read on the skimmate.

ReeferMadness99

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Nah, just hooked it up and had it running. Going on 2 days now and it seems the head of foam is thickening. But I can't imagine that theres much to skim since I just put in the live rock 3 days ago. Got a few weeks before the cycle really kicks in and then I suppose I'll see how the skimmer works.

ReeferMadness99

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have it on, but the only reason I can think of to leave it off is to allow the ammonia to build up more so that the NO2 bacteria population can build up. Does anyone know what bacteria is in DrTimAquatics Nitrifying Bacteria? Will that inject both NO2 and NO3 bacteria in or will it only put in NO3 bacteria? That would be kinda useless because what would be breaking down the NO4?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: