Wagners55

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water inlet sounds like a bathtub draining as if you took the stopper out..... are there any ways to silence the noise? Keep i nmind there is a coupler in the center of the return pipe which is 3 inches from the top of the water inlet tube...its squarish and Im thinking that the water hits it..stops for split second and then flows downward off the sides of it.... http://www.aquavim.com/dragonflow.htm

OR this is just the nature of inflow boxes...(this is my first)

slight gargle from churning on sump input chamber 1 off the pipe...(sump combo 2 shown here at bottom of page... sump details.

Pump return vibrates...i have read however that you can wrap it with a deafening material like foam or rubber. Any suggestions?

Also the water flow is pretty sweet..does everyone use the duel powerheads in addition to the return flow off the sump return?? Is it too much?

Any help would be appreciated!

sambo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can't see a way to silence that type of overflow. Usually i would recommend a stockman or durso to silence it but in this case I don't think they'd work.

To reduce return pump vibration, try putting a bag of sand in your return section and placing the pump on that.

jrobbins

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
yeah, from the link you send it looks like the easiest way would be to reduce the flow from your return (buy a smaller pump, or t it off)

AnthonyAce

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I have the same set up on a 90 gallon aquavim tank and there is no good answer. I was able to put the sump and pump in the basement and that eliminated all of the pump noise, however, the drain is still an ongoing problem and i have not figured out a way of silencing it. Return it if you can...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: