J+K1016

J+K1016
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Tubs blue frag melted. I started with them in the middle of tank, then moved them to the sand, then moved them to the end of tank on sand. How much lighting is to much for zoo's? I have a 55 gal tank(48"x12"x21") Lighting= Outer orbit 2-150 wMH and 2- 130 w 50/50 PC's total 560w
Lighting cycle 8hrs MH with 3hrs PC's on as well.(1pm-3pm (300w)or 5.5 wpg ,3pm-6pm (560w)or 10 wpg ,6pm-9pm (300w). Any thoughts? Thxs

Oliver

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
zoas/palys are really wired. one week the can be fine then another week they can just melt for no reason as long as your water quilty is good i wound really worry about it to much. i dont think your light is to much cuz i have the same light over my 72 bouwlfront also i had even stronger light with no problem. some zoas like more light then other so you should play around with their placement but start them of in the sand then move them up if them are unhappy.

sambo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had tubbs about 8" away from my 150w sunpod and they thrived went from roughly 10 to 100 polyps in about 6 months. They love alot of light and alot of flow.

IME some zoos will be irritated by light while others love it. That said, as long as you don't shock any zoos with light, you 150w fixture will never be 'too much' but for some types it may very well be too little.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: