HHaase

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That is a heck of a deal, I was thinking about picking on up myself when the sale started. But I think I'm going to save some pennies and get the lvl3 instead.

-Hans

fernandokng

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Check out the new apex by neptune sys. It's a lot more money, but it seems as you can actually control the features over the internet, like shutting off and turning on things. How cool is that. Definitely better than the RKelite in my opinion (atleast on paper).

premilove

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i actually just bought the rkl..

the RKE will soon come with internet capabilities..

Ethernet Capable
Because the ReefKeeper Elite is a modular system we have the ability to develop new features as time goes on. One feature that we've been defining is an Ethernet module that will allow users to take advantage of their home networks and the World Wide Web. Digital Aquatics is dedicated to producing quality products at great prices! This module is still under development and we're working on every aspect of it to reduce cost to you and NOT compromise safety and functionality. More to come on this optional module.

Wireless Communication
A USB connection for your ReefKeeper Elite is needed for updates to firmware. However with additional hardware you can monitor your RKE with over 802.11, either within your home network or over the internet.

a few friends of mine have had both the neptune ac and rk, and so far everyone except 1 person choose rk over neptunes ac..

Last edited:

autoponicz

powered by MR
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
i dont own one but i have a RK1 and a RK2...
both have the same functions like timers,chiller/heater control,wavemaker,feed mode,also turns off your lights if the temp gets to your set temp shutoff...
but the RK2 has a ph probe also and a few other extra options..

the rk lite is for nanos and smaller more simple systems..it doesnt have the internet function....look at the functions on thier website..

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
Check out the new apex by neptune sys. It's a lot more money, but it seems as you can actually control the features over the internet, like shutting off and turning on things. How cool is that. Definitely better than the RKelite in my opinion (atleast on paper).

Aqua Controller 3 and 3Pro has that capability for almost 5 years now, I been monitoring my tank conditions on my Treo and Blackberry for two years. You should be able to pick up AC3 packages for less than $300 in a few month, once the APEX shipment comes in.

jejton

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I just checked the site and it doesnt look like much of a sale since they only lowered the base unit price. The base unit is really too bare bones for all but the simplest uses and you still need to spend another $100 to get the next unit.

fernandokng

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Wait, you can actually shut off and turn things on via the web? That's different that just reading parameters...

Aqua Controller 3 and 3Pro has that capability for almost 5 years now, I been monitoring my tank conditions on my Treo and Blackberry for two years. You should be able to pick up AC3 packages for less than $300 in a few month, once the APEX shipment comes in.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: